Wouldn’t it be great if you could eliminate most of the guesswork involved in finding and selecting a lawyer? Well, there is a way that maybe you can. There is an independent web site called www.avvo.com. This site offers you free evaluations, reviews, and a numerical scorecard for almost lawyers in California, including the San FernandoValley Bankruptcy Attorneys. They rate lawyers on a scale of 1 to 10, (10 being to best). The
AVVO web site states:
“The Avvo Rating is our effort to evaluate a lawyer’s background, based on the information we know about the lawyer. The rating is calculated using a mathematical model that considers the information shown in a lawyer’s profile, including a lawyer’s years in practice, disciplinary history, professional achievements and industry recognition – all factors that, in our opinion, are relevant to assessing a lawyer’s qualifications.”
- “Here’s why the Avvo Rating can help you find the right San Fernando Valley Bankruptcy Attorneys:
- It’s unbiased. Because ratings are calculated using a mathematical model, all lawyers are rated by the same standards.
- There’s no favoritism. Here at Avvo, all lawyers are treated equally. They can’t pay to change their ratings, and we don’t play favorites to lawyers we know.
- It’s developed by legal experts for non-experts. The model used to calculate the Avvo Rating was developed with input from hundreds of attorneys, thousands of consumers, and legal experts.
- It’s easy to understand. With simple ratings from 1 to 10 or “Attention” and “No Concern,” we hope to make clearer the murky process of understanding lawyers’ backgrounds.”
There are many different San Fernando Valley Bankruptcy Attorneys to choose from. One of the biggest mistakes people make is hiring an inexperienced or just plain bad bankruptcy lawyer. The AVVO web site is a very good resource. I’d like to share some additional, practical suggestions to help you find and hire any of the excellent San Fernando Valley Bankruptcy Attorneys, especially when a friend or associate has recommended someone in particular.
So, here are some things you can do check out and then hire the right San FernandoValley bankruptcy attorneys:
- Do a Google search on the name of any San Fernando Valley Bankruptcy Attorneys that you are considering and see what pops up;
- In your search and interview process, ask or consider if the lawyer is a recognized expert in the bankruptcy field? Does the news media seek out the opinions of this lawyer?
- Check a lawyer’s record on an objective website like Avvo.com;
- Ask how long the lawyer has been practicing bankruptcy law specifically. Does the lawyer handle other types of cases?
- In a large urban area like the San Fernando Valley, quality San Fernando Valley Bankruptcy Attorneys devote their entire practice to bankruptcy. You do not want to trust your finances with an inexperienced or part time bankruptcy lawyer.
- If the lawyer is not a “certified specialist” (by the California State Bar) any claims of “expertise” should be ignored.
And here’s what we’ve found when it comes to promises of “low cost.” Lawyers with the lowest fees will generally have the lowest level of skill and may treat their clients with disregard if not downright contempt. In fact, the client might never even meet the lawyer. In some cases it’s typical for the client to have no important communications with an actual lawyer—and instead the client only interacts with office “staff.” This should not happen to you.
Definitely check out the lawyer before you hire one! Would you like to find the San Fernando Valley Bankruptcy Attorneys who are rated a perfect 10 out of 10? Click Here to see the AVVO rating for Leon Bayer, and to Click Here see the AVVO rating for Jeffrey Wishman.
By the way, we hope you like our sense of humor: